Friday 1 March 2013

THE CALAMITOUS CONK

Calamitous indeed!


Jesus Christ!

It never rains but it pours, lol…

For the first time I several years I have a bloody cold, or flu virus. I never get these and it is about typical that there is talk on the news of an airborne SARS virus and I have contracted something before finishing my…WORK!

Hehe, oh well if that is how it turns out then that is how it turns out after all I never thought for one second that I would contract that Swine Flu but I did. Hmm come to think of it that was the last time I had a flu type bug?! Yes now I realise why I thought of that SARS virus as that last time I felt like this I have that Swine Flu virus!

My friend came today but my journey out to regain that £120, though now £130, loss I made ended up ceasing to be. I had already started sneezing a great deal and have the tickly nose that drives you nuts and makes your eyes water.

Typing is… bizarre!

I had tissues in hand when he arrived and I stated that it seems I have a cold type bug which is annoying as it is right on top of the weekend and I am due to pay my rent. I know times are tough and I like to pay my landlord immediately but due to the virus and the fiasco created by Argos and with it being close to the weekend it seems that is all now postponed and not important now until Monday. If indeed I have recovered by then…fingers crossed!

So I have been in all day and my eyes have been streaming and I have been sneezing enough put the fear up Butterflies three continents away!

Oddly I had ordered a bag for fear of going out with my new camera and damaging it or getting it wet and I had an email at around 8am from Amazon telling me my LowePro Micro Bag had been dispatched and would not arrive until next Thursday. This was a little annoying as I had paid £3.00 for postage and after ordering it using my smartphone while out and in pain while feeling fatigued, I hate smartphones, I had started to convince myself that as the bag was designed for an SLR and a LENS that it would be too big. So I had thought that once I was out and had sold all my four items that I would get ANOTHER camera bag, making it the third in a week, and an extra set of rechargeable AA batteries, as it ran out of juice pretty quick though I am hoping it was the cheap batteries included?!

Lo and behold I had thought post had come through the door and so did my mate as he has now had the habit of picking it u and handing it to me. But he looked at the floor by the door, ever so slightly out of my libe of site, and said “eh? There is no post but I heard the Postman” I said maybe it was a newspaper and he then opened the door to find a woman standing there with a parcel and some mail.
It was the Lowepro Bag and the Olympus Stylus SP-820UZ camera that is bigger than the Nikon L810 I returned fits into he bag like it was made to measure. Well…once you remove the Velcro partition inside and move it to one side!

Do not know where I picked up this cold from and only other friend I am in contact with did have some time on and off the lavatory recently but nothing about any cold like symptoms.
With my luck my symptoms will go downhill tomorrow onwards just as the weather will improve dramatically but I did mange to get some shots of Goldfinches in my garden and this time with a CLEAN WINDOW. I even managed to get 6 all in the same few shots!

Of course that is the one benefit of being confined to quarters when the weather has improved a little is that I may get a series of good shot. If it does turn out I cannot get out again then I only hope that several Orchids flower over the next few days too?! I know one will have several flowers open shortly, like tomorrow. One is two days away and one about three or four days away and around three shortly after that. So at least I can increase my content and my only annoying mishap was that as I was about to film the Goldfinches they all suddenly…fled the nest, pardon the pun. I wondered why all the birds had decided to suddenly vanish when I saw a NEW cat sitting on top of my Barbecue Shed, hmm might try that out this year for the first time, looking at where the birds had recently been perched?!
That is one Bar Steward Cat! LOL.

It is not even the one that is friendly with me though I did think it was she when I first glimpsed it through the branches. Do not know if someone knew has moved in or just the sudden visiting flocks of birds I am getting is attracting Cats from further afield?!

Hmm eyes and nose streaming like a waterfall, maybe some food and a Pixar film is the order of the day, or indeed night?!

No comments:

Post a Comment