Thursday 26 June 2014

WHAT IN THE PC WORLD

Right now I am going to shock readers once again as I stumble across yet more major league illegalities and corruption and this time we leap from public services to privater companies once again!

Now we all remember what happened with the court case where I won? Without leaving the house!

I retrieved my Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard today from PC World and one the main reasons I went for it was that the professional keys were fixed atop a solid aluminium frame so it would not get damaged easily.

Umm except imagine my surprise when I am filming an unboxing when I suddenly pause in the video because the actual aluminium frame itself has a large dent in it that protrudes upwards around three millimetres showing on obvious gap where there should not be one?!

Yes you read that correctly! The professional aluminium keyboard I had delivered for collection at the local store is damaged out of the box. Which means it was also damaged ... OUT OF THE BOX!

When I post the video on YouTube, remember boys and girls this is a professional keyboard built to take knocks and for professionals that is damaged on the toughest part of the keyboard!!!

I really do kid you not and I will add the video into this post in a later edit today or tomorrow, I am sure it is no registering some key presses too?! Every now and then I look up and several letters are missing! Not one here and there where I curse myself for making a typo, but half of a whole word missing.

Not looked to see if their are any drivers I have to download yet! I have sent an email to PC World about this basically telling them that a refurbished and damaged £105 keyboard is not £105 and that they had better come up with a solution and quick.

Hmm I am now recalling the salesman saying something about not being able to return the item, which now reminds me of Argos having this policy with their cameras even though five out of fiove were refurbished and faulty!! Should have picked up on that one! But then I never thought it would happen again and not with something that is a professional item at the end of the day!

Other than that it looks fantastic though one of the key points for me was the textured game keys and I am not sure I would continue using them as they are a little weird with normal typing, as of right now. But you can change these. PLus the number 3 key is missing its '£' symbol as are the numbers 1 through 6 so you had better get used to remembering where the symbols are or switch those number keys back and forth a lot?! Hmm maybe I could just change the number keys back and leave the textured 'WASD' keys for directional movement in games? Yeah that might work?!

Anyway here is the email I sent to PC World ... and you had better prepare yourself, despite warning them, for yet another idiotic and pathetic along with patronizing email saying very stupid things?! As this is generally how it turns out?!

Hmm do you think that they keep back the good stuff and the really real stuff for those of a higher order in the hierarchy of British Society? Like DOCTORS?!

LMAO!!!

EMAIL TO PC WORLD ...

Dear Wendy Doyle

Umm I have a problem!

I picked up the keyboard from my local PC World store in Enfield and I got home with it and filmed myself unboxing the keyboard for my blog and youtube account. Accounts that have amassed over 130,000 people in 18 months and rising. I cover a great many areas of science as well as computing and indeed the letters after my name at the foot of this email are for Applied Computing.

Now imagine my reaction and how it looks on film when I realise that the keyboard I have picked up is a damaged one and likely refurbished,m albeit extremely badly.

Now before you go into a knee jerk reaction giving me a whole list of reasons of how and why your company would not do this ... STOP! JUST DON'T!!

One of my blogs is on corruption and the sole reason I have been using your store/company is that I have had this from elsewhere and quite unfortunately for these companies they had no idea I had a very popular blog on the subject! If you check your records you will see that I bought a Sony Cybershot Bridge Camera from you and this was fter giving up on Argos who supplied me with five cameras in a row that were all refurbished and faulty!

In fact when you point out the fact that this action is illegal they all had a laid back attitude about it, as did a number of public services I investigated for corruption. Let me tell you this did not end well for them! I refused to pay for one item, was eventually taken to court and they lost and the court refused to force me to pay them a single penny!

That company was Shop Direct owner of Littlewoods, Very and Isme Catalogues and the whole thing was covered on my blog! As was Argos and B&Q!

This left you and Amazon as the only electrical stores left I could buy things from in the hope that they were not damaged or refurbished and it is very easy to spot when the stock and sourcing is a little ... off, shall we say. In fact it is all done so incompetently I am at a loss to understand how this was not spotted beforehand!

So back to this Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard! The keyboard was chosen due to the interchangeable textured keys, the cherry MX switches and the aluminium frame, the latter not to be found on any other keyboards outside of Corsairs. Each cheery MX switch sits atop the aluminium frame in a recess and along the top and bottome edges are a rasied aluminium area. To the right side of the raised edge sits the custoomising keys, the windows key of switych and towards the right most edge a scroll wheel. The top most edge of the recess has a lip that protrudes around 2 millimetres. It is the exact point whereby this keyboard has been dropped, ERGO WHILE OUTSIDE OF ITS PACKAGING, and the solid aluminium edge had a curved dent that protrudes upwards!! Right against the right top edge scroll wheel and this is aluiminium we are talking about here and this is raised by three millimetres at least with a clear to see gap!!

Now I do not think I need explain any further of the various laws that have been broken and do not rest on the fact that everyone is at is OK, as I believe my readers, which will include over half the populace in eighteen months time, will agree with you. I need no question mark on the rear end of that last sentence.

Also my readers know something else about me, that I am a disabled guy with a condition that causes some quite horrid effects on me and many areas of pain along wiuth loss of sleep, so I get angry and cranky very easily at times.

Now I am going to state that I am not happy at all with this situation and cannot explain just how frustrated I am about this as its just another thing in a long line of things and even the bloody case to my computer build has a dent on the rear.

Ninety percent of electrical items I have bought in the UK in the last 5 years have been faulty and refurbished and this is published with evidence on both my Google Blog and YouTube.

A damaged £105 keyboard is not worth £105!

Now what say you to your suggestions on how to remedy this?!

Yours

Martin Haswell BSc

No comments:

Post a Comment