Monday 7 May 2018

THE MAGNESIUM EFFECT


Right then? A magnesium deficiency and what it can cause?

Now remember .. I was diagnosed as possibly having a magnesium deficiency around three or four years ago. I was told to buy Vit ABC+ from Holland & Barrett which I did, despite not believing the incredible pains in my thighs were a Vitamin deficiency. The next conversation I had with Dr Andrew Theivendra, who left the practice two years ago give or take a few months, involved me admitting I had my doubts but that the vitamin pills worked. Me admitting I was wrong. Does happen. These pains has been going on for a few years before they got bad enough for me to ask as is always the case with me. Annoys me because I never go straight away, go at the eleventh hour and then spend a year or two getting fobbed off. Then down the line I realised I was also being lied to. Go figure.

Fast forward a few years and suddenly I am having all these heart and chest things going on I do not understand and, never ringing '999' I get dragged into hospital several times.

Now I know that the deficiency was behind the thigh pains but I had absolutely no idea about the rest in the lists below.

You will note that some symptoms on the lists below I have been having a lot longer then three or four years? Well it now looks like they are all linked to this magnesium deficiency .. only the heart palpitations do not stop, .. umm I think, when I take magnesium supplements but the thigh pain does. Most of the time but sometimes the heart does behave for a few days at a time. Or at least did a few months ago.

The fact that the heart played up sometimes and not others may be down to the levels of magnesium in that I might have eaten foods with a high quantity of it and that along with the pills calmed the palpitations down? A possibility.

Things I did know about and points ..

  • Muscles can hurt from magnesium deficiency
  • Was originally given Quinine Sulphate for a fair old while
  • Was then told, three GP s back, to buy Vit ABC+ from Holland & Barrett (for over 2 years)

Did not know about but which I have experienced

  • Anxiety Attacks (Daughter might have)
  • Panic Attacks
  • Bowel Disease?
  • Cystitis
  • Depression (Daughter has too)
  • Fatigue (Daughter has too)
  • Hypertension (Stage 2 and Crisis)
  • Heart Disease
  • Cramps (Night Cramps)
  • Fibromyalgia (Comes from?)
  • Insomnia (Daughter has too)
  • Tooth Decay
  • Seizures
  • Numbness & Tingling
  • Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Daughter has too)
  • Personality Changes
  • Memory Function (2nd link below)(Daughter has too)
  • Osteoporosis (diagnosed with Osteopenia)
  • Mental Disorders


Others I am not affected by as far as I know..

  • Liver & Kidney Disease (Daughter might have)
  • Hyperglycemia
  • Detoxification
  • Blood Clots (Daughter has)
  • Migraine (Daughter has)
  • Diabetes (A Diabetic friend was convinced I did have years ago)
  • Asthma (Daughter has)
  • Raynaud's Syndrome (Do not know what it is)
  • Coronary Spasms
  • Cancer was mentioned .. increased risk? (Daughter has)
  • Sudden Death (obviously not just yet)


Other notes

  • Magnesium levels can be tested but they have not done this as far as I know (no blood taken)

So I have to ask myself if there is some problem with my body processing/absorbing the magnesium and been trying to find out if there is an issue that exists that affects this process.

This is because of what should be plainly obvious ..

  • I am already taking magnesium pills and still having issues!

To think I could have had this all in hand for years if only they had bothered to .. investigate?! I am so bloody angry about this right now and it is probably just as well I do not have a GP because I would have a few choice words to say about them and the NHS.

I have bene trying to find something that I caught sight of that said something about some disorder to do with the uptake of magnesium and wondered if I had that




Sudden Death article from the USA's answer to the NHS, the National Institute of Health ..


No comments:

Post a Comment