Friday 7 February 2014

FIBROMYALGIA & THE DWP

Well I came across an interesting website!

I was looking for a particular handbook the DWP use for disabilities, bizarrely called The Disability Handbook?! Lol!

I have one, somewhere but I probably have close to a Terabyte of stirred data, so Good knows where it is. I have also had this for ten years our even more too. So would be out of date by any stretch of the imagination?! So I thought I would search for an up to date version? First off the old one has gone and berm archived off. Secondly and surprise, surprisemeone stated in a disability forum that it has been updated. But every link I find the this new edition of their guidelines seem to have been removed. One website starred "out is not for public viewing" but this is complete bull! They are a public funded organisation and cannot hide things like that, especially on assessing members of the public with disabilities.

I have had a letter from them telling me they have sent me the PIPS FORM?! Odd as I posted it PDF filled in several days ago now!! Lol!

Well I found an interesting website tonight that stated that the DWP have stated several times that Fibromyalgia, my condition of 13 years for those who have yet to read enough of this blog, 'is recognised as a significantly debilitating condition' or something very close to that and I have provided the link. I MISSED OUT THE WORD POTENTIALLY, LOL!

Here is an excerpt of that link..

START QUOTE

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has restated that they recognise Fibro as a potentially significantly disabling condition. This isn't the first time they have officially stated this, but up-to-date reiterations of this can't hurt when people with Fibro are still being led to believe that Fibro "doesn't count"

when considering eligibility for benefits. 

David Morris MP (Morecambe and Lunesdale, Conservative) asked the question: 

"To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions whether he has considered recognising fibromyalgia in the benefits system." 

Maria Miller MP (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Disabled People), Work and Pensions; Basingstoke, Conservative) responded on 18 June with: 

"The Department recognises fibromyalgia as a potentially significantly disabling condition. 

Where a clinical diagnosis of fibromyalgia has been made, full account will be taken of its disabling effects in determining eligibility for benefits." 
www.theyworkforyou.com/wran... 

END QUOTE

For further information on benefits, Work Capability Assessments, DLA Medicals and more, see: 

https://healthunlocked.com/fibroaction/posts/324691/dwp-recognises-fibro

No comments:

Post a Comment