Monday 12 May 2014

THE GOOD AT GUY'S

Well thank f..f..f..FREDDY for that!

I have just got in, well after finishing making a cup of tea and I forgot and used the normal tea, after what was a long day out!

I have to admit though as it was far easier even than I thought it was!

Basically where the bus stopped at London Bridge Station, Guy's Hospital was at the foot of a long set of stairs! It was also rather bizarre as it had King's College London right next to it with their Guy's campus I was not aware of.

Bizarre because I applied to attend King's College London on completeing my degree but I guess my choice of College was not really up to their standards? At least that was what everyone thought when I applied. Lol!

Also as I predicted. oh OK I was half right, the return journey was ... sort of better than I expected and yet the last bus was a bit of a pain in the arse but not too bad.

Christ alone knows how I got the time of the appointment an hour late and I must say it was bizarre to say the least only added to by the receptionist stating that they do not do first time appointments at 3PM?! If that were the case I am sure that someone would have mentioned this when I called them?! Because this was a rare occasion when I called to change the appointment as opposed to performing the action on their choose and book website. Considering the distance I would have pushed for a 3PM or 4PM appointment. This was so that the buses were not busy getting there, after the appointment I was more than willing to sit by the River Thames, more about that in a few days time, and wait and hang around until the peak period died down.

As for the appointment itself it was OK and so was the Doctor, though this is nt to say that he wont turn around and do the opposite once I am out the building, but he was friendly enough and more importantly had a genuine interest in Fibromyalgia.

He had a student with him and asked me if this was OK and I said I was fine with it.

We chatted and he came to realise I was no idiot and said as much. He more or less did exactly as I thought, and I have to say I did tell people what would happen as I will explain in a bit.

We chatted about how the condition was a pain in the posterior and how little is known about it and if you want a shock and it shocked me, he was not familiar with the drug Sodium oxybate! Yes I kid you not but I said that it was an iffy drug and its legalities based on misuse was likely the factor he was not aware of it. He went through the tests I presumed he would do which was basically checking a number of points and paying extremely close attention to my back.

The good news is I was told I had Fibromyalgia and the surprising news is that my knee pain, though he only referred to the right one which is worse than the left, as being a separate thing altohether. He did give me the term for it and ... well it was a complicated one and I do not recall, but I am sure I will get told this when I see the GP?!

Now there will be one or two people who will not be happy about the conclusion drawn from the appointment. I also know there will be another that will likely say 'Well did they test you? I told you they would test you?" and I will reply "No I told you before the only test for it has already been done!" Lol!

The truth is that I wanted someone who was familar with what I have to look my over and conform my suspicions and that is what I got. Only from pure experience of the condition would someone ask, listen, prod about and then say "YUP!!" Not that I needed them to but also in this instance there are so many public services want to bend you over and ... ahem, well you know what I am getting at?!

Also of interest was listening to him speak to the student Doctor, which I also did when we was left alone and had his eyes widen a few times. He told me that sometimes scoliosis is sometimes something Fibromyalgia people have. He 'uh-huh'd' a great deal as he asked me to do different things and he pointed out to the student how the back was not doing certain things and explained key things to look for. For Fibromyalgia just in case you were wondering?! He also stated a rule that some Doctors state and he turned and said "I don't buy into that!" and we had a discussion about how poorly understood the condition is and how aware of this I was. He also explained the difficulties it causes and stated that, like my knee, when something occurs you do not know if its the Fibromyalgia or some new condition and I stated I had long since realised this being a real problem.

He also stated about exercises especially aerobic ones and I told him what I had done previous and also about the cycling. Now here comes the bit I know many people will not like hearing ...

He explained how I was well clued up and that it was obvious that I jad, had the condition for so long that I had managed to find my own ways around it and deal with it. HE was referring to the exact same things that others used to poke fun behind my back and accuse me of faking it, yes those very same things!! LMAO!

We talked about whether I would need to return to the hospital and he said it would only be for physio and I stated that there would not be much point and he agreed due to the distance.

He is also requesting my back MRI too and he did point out that with the MRI, because he must have seen the surprised look on my face, is that he expects to see it show nothing. This was because someone with Fibromyalgia would actually show nothing.

Now here is the funny part in all that as I spent fecking years feeling like a right twat and thinking that they must all think I am faking it but what sort of idiot would I be to keep going for tests and X-Rays that keep showing things up as normal?! So you see here is yet one more reason to go on the mountainous pilke of other reasons that three dozen health professionals before this man should have at the very LEAST suspected I might be suffering with Fibromyalgia?! In fact as many of you know I am fully conviced that they were and were kepping it from me. Ib fact that is EXACTLY what I stated to the student and I stated how after dozens of drugs and tests I was then given forst Gabapentin and then Amitriptyline two separate and totally unrelated drugs, both of which worked! Given consecutively and remember I was REFUSED Pregabalin by the Doctor that said that it and Amitriptyline were the same drug when I know I was being lied to and refused it because it was expensive! Then I was flasely accused of violent conduct when the truth is that any Doctor willing to lie to patients fully deserves a right hook to the jaw!

Now that last line is exactly what I fond amusing with the endeavours of the NHS to label me as something they could never possibly achieve to do! Lol!

One other bit of news for now is that he stated that he was more than happy to write to my GP and prescribe PREGABALIN!! WOOHOO!

He also said that I could take it along with the Amitriptyline! WOOHOOHOO!!! LMAO!

So I am not sure how long it takes but I will give it a week and then make an appointment with my latest GP and has an in depth discussion and then a word of warning or two.

Well that is unless I get told once again that the letter received states entirely differently to what he said to me.I certainly hope not, for their sakes, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment