Sunday 10 November 2013

TWISTED REALITIES

Here is another link at how individuals in the Military will need three pairs of eyes, one pair to view what is in front of them and one for each SHOULDER!!


https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/pm-david-cameron-david-cameron-keep-your-promise-to-our-military-let-my-husband-have-his-pension?alert_id=SLLJIgNeuT_thGEnpgdEL&utm_campaign=39708&utm_medium=email&utm_source=action_alert

I have had many people speak to me about that soldier that shot that insurgent.

Now the reports stated he WAS in fact an insurgent and therefore IF SO was an individual that wanted to kill and maim hundreds and even thousands of people.

But now it transpires that a soldier that shot one has been convicted of murder. Now on the face of it it was a stupid thing to do. But those that have not had time out there could not possibly imagine what being around these maniacs will do to you? Added to this is that every now and then even trusted ones kick off and kill a group or soldiers. I do not know all the details but I think if I were in his shoes and rather than wait for this person to kill me and all those in my squad I will have done the same thing?!

I simply do not know.

But more and more in this modern warfare being on the military for your country is becoming more and more dangerous in just about every respect. You are expected to act out your orders without question, even if it starts to look as if the reasons for the war you are in looks questionable?! Your not allowed to reveal any wrongdoings and if your caught doing something different or speaking about anything you will end up in jail?!

I never thought I would see the day when a soldier in a war scenario would be convicted of murder?! It is just simply unbelievable as it is bloody war. If this had been an innocent civilian, but in all honesty even then I challenge anyone to say that they could successfully judge this with certainty, then I would agree with the decision.

SO now you have this Royal Marine, whose name escapes me (fibro fog in action), Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning and anyone with half a brain will be looking at these along with others and think twice about going into the military?! This includes the entire British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and the Secret Services.

Highly likely it will also have this effect in the United STates of America too before long?

I know I would!

Despite putting duty before family so many times my husband is set to loose his military pension after being made redundant three days before qualifying. I'm asking David Cameron to honour his military promise and let my husband receive his pension.

 
Martin -
My husband, Michael, has been a soldier since he was sixteen. We are proud to be part of the army and accept the highs and lows. Michael even missed the birth of our second child because he was serving in Iraq. But despite putting duty before family so many times, my husband is losing his pension. 
My husband has been made redundant just three days before qualifying for his military pension. We had planned to use the pension for a mortgage when we left army accommodation and to support our young family while Michael established a new career. Now our family's financial security has been snatched away from us. 
David Cameron made a promise called the Military Covenant to look after those that had risked their lives for our country. That is why I've started a petition on Change.org calling on David Cameron to honour his promise and let my husband receive his pension.
The military pension is the key financial promise on which service personnel are recruited, retained and promoted. It exists to assist service personnel transition with dignity to civilian life and is a promise around which army families plan their financial futures.
I understand redundancies sometimes need to be made but soldiers who are a few months or, in Michael's case, days from achieving their pension should not suffer such huge losses.
Please sign my petition to ask the Prime Minister to show the same loyalty and commitment to my family that we have shown to the army over the years.
Thank you,
Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment