Monday 15 July 2013

THE CALLING OF THE BLACK SHEEP

This is a very sad story indeed and I guess explains what one Doctor said to me in a conversation about getting into publishing!

A Cuckoo's Calling had already one over critics as well as an award I believe. What I found if genuine interest that J. K. Rowling used a different gendre in her pseudonym?! The name used was Robert Galbraith.

But it had only sold 500 copies and was claimed that it was intended to remain under the pseudonym. This 'accidental' release if the fact that J. K. Rowling is the real author I thought was regraded due to low volumes of sales? So now it is reported that 500 copies were sold but within hours if the secret being revealed it has now jumped 5,000 places to the vet top of Amazon's sales list?!

5,000 places in a few hours?!

I thought it was only intelligent people read books?! Thought we were all geeky bookworms?! Now it reveals that peoples choices when it comes to buying items is utter crap!

It was the exact same book as before! But now it is revealed it is somebody famous it goes out the door like stink?!

Madness. As a professional myself I would want anything I do and within I say to be taken on its merit. But because the name if Martin Haswell had become famous, or infamous lol, for whatever reason. After all I never wanted to preach uh this blog I wanted people to see for themselves, teach then to take time out to see for themselves. Not blindly lead people as I am no leader. One I feel I have done it then I am done. End of story. Hence all the evidence I could possibly get my hand on over the years and put as much as I thought I needed to on here.

If this book had been Harry Potter book then I would but be paying about it. If it had been a book related to Harry Potter, like Beadle the Bard we would not be having this posted.

In answer to something a Doctor said to me I said 'but why do you have to be famous or first off write about someone famous to break into writing?! That is so wrong!' And she agreed.

This is another factor of literary agents I dislike but it is driven my the market and because people follow daft things like names and NOT subjects.

It is like watching flocking sheep just following one another while bleating away while jockeying for position in the queue to the tills?! People without minds of their own buying something and the reason is completely lost on me.

Oddly I had thought that when u had published my own books I could also write several others on a whole list of subjects in non-fiction mostly science.

I also have 5 chapters of a 4 volume science fiction novel I never managed to finish from 8 years ago, thanks to lack of proper support by those I've already covered.

But I thought with one name it would be difficult to write books on different subjects and even given the impression through contact with various literary agents that this would be hard to do.

Well it seems not now?!

LMAO!!

God, no wonder I have had difficulty getting through to people and why it had taken me do very long to achieve this?!

It also makes me realise why the electable parties of most countries seen to be in pairs, it voted into power based on a choice of only two despite others?!

Maybe this is why voters are fooled because the government know that when not happy with one and out of all choices there us only ever one other they vote for?!

Hmm maybe it is somehow designed like that or perhaps something to do with the human psyche?! So much for multi-tasking?!

LMAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment