Monday 11 August 2014

TALKING TO THE VODABONE

I have an interesting conversation going with Vodafone regarding a Pay As You Go phone which is not subsidized in price and yet I find myself locked to!

Now due to my other phone getting wet, which I was using for tethering for my Internet Connection, I have wanted to get my Moto G unlocked to use that. This is because only Three Mobile has an unlimited, albeit dodgy provided its not my crap old phone, Internet service.

The fact that Three are the only one to do this and are able to provide this just goes to show how much greedier the others are. Plus for some strange reason and likely the same thing that dogs this site is that people stay on these other networks? Likely either not using the Internet that much or have an extra connection at home, being a hardline?

I do not have the latter currently ... and unfortunately but I will once I have the last few pieces of my PC set up.

Anyway for the time being I found it interesting because I came across a webpage where you can request the unlock code! I did so but the page was not updating properly and kept telling me there was an error! I thought that was typical and they have left the page live but removed the option for some reason or other. I tried it several times but the error kept coming up.

Imagine my surprise when I got 4 automated emails from Vodafone about unlocking my phone and also imagine my surprise when they told me that they were unable to do this because they tried to take £20 from my credit but I had none?!

I do not remember any warning whatsoever that once I clicked on OK they would then help themselves to £20 from your money for something that costs nothing?!

Anyway I thought that others having difficulties with mobile networks, as I know a great many do, you might want to read the start of a conversation that will no doubt lead to another row?! LMAO!


EMAILS, latest first ...


Dear Sir

Why is this a standard process?

£20 is NOT a nominal amount! Which? Magazine is campaigning for it to be free!

I am NOT paying you £20 in any event especially as your God damn service has been nothing but a pain in the arse and I wish to God I had never walked into your store!

Added to this I find it odd that you would charge double the amount you can have this done locally?! Very bizarre that it and I cannot help but wonder why this is?

Yours

Martin Haswell BSc


Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 07:44:47 +0000
From: PAYTNUCResolutions@help.vodafone.co.uk
To: *********************
Subject: RE: PAYG NUC [#7650091]

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that as per the standard process a nominal amount of £19.99 is charged to all Pay As You Go customers for Network Unlock Codes. We have checked your account and found that you do not have sufficient amount in your account to request for your unlock code. Request you to credit the required amount in your account and reply back for the further processing of your request. For any other details you can contact our helpline at 191 and they will assist you further.

Thanks,                                                      
Tanvi Shah,
Vodafone Network Unlocking Team
--Original Message--
From: ******************
Date: 8/9/2014 4:14:25 AM
To: paytnucresolutions@help.vodafone.co.uk
Subject: RE: PAYG NUC [#7650091]

Excuse me but your Internet Allowance is shite and you failed to show this when I purchased the phone so why in the bloody hell do I have to pay you £20 for this?!

Especially as Which? Magazine and hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people are cheesed off to the high teeth with you Telecoms companies?!

Martin Haswell BSc

No comments:

Post a Comment