Friday 15 December 2017

THE STORY PAGE OF WALKING THE BREADLINE

Well I find another page on Facebook with shocking stories ..

.. there just seems to be no end to them and I am getting several things a day I am tagged in and struggling to open my laptop and type in peace to get another post published.

I always seem to have children around me until around 10pm, if I am lucky, by which time I am absolutely knackered.

I just feel lucky that the last few days I have not had anything strong in the way of heart and chest issues, which had gone from monthly to daily since I arrived in a location 250 miles away from the land I know.

In fact in the south I know mist places .. from all parts of London and east to Southend, south to Dover and west of there to Brighton, the original, where I lived a long time ago for around 18 months and have a grandmother live there.

All the home counties I know and was born in Middlesex, Perivle to be precise. Grew up in East London. Delivered around a 200 mile radius, even to Great Yarmouth.

There are places here I have only visited briefly in the past and even thought about living in for a year with my new trusty camera and equipment. Except I am missing two items and a PC to be able to handle the very high definition RAW files and 4K videos.

The Peak or Lake District for one, Snowdonia for another.

A bit further away but also on my radar was Scotland.

I had a little break just prior to writing those last two lines and the previous paragraph .. and I am supposed to be typing this in a room other than the living room I am currently sitting in ..

.. a Support Worker is supposed to be here. They are not coming.

 Now a Support Worker is someone that comes when a Social Worker cannot .. which is odd because a Social Worker has failed to turn up many times and I know what she looks like and can even tell you she is from Luton. But I have no idea what the Support Worker looks like.

I had to leave to go and pick one of the Autistic children from school and they were supposed to arrive shortly after getting back here. That was why I was asked to go in the car to pick her up .. otherwise I look after the youngest with Autism while the other is picked up by her mother.

This process is then repeated again around 3 to 3.30pm to get a third child. Being ten years old the oldest has just started to come back on his own ..  bit of training before he attends secondary school next September, 2018.

We had been back in the house for five minutes when the Support Worker called around 2.05pm or a little later to inform us they were not coming.

The council has already long been listed as inadequate. Someone was trying to remember when that was because they have 6 months to sort this out.

Oh .. that is weird .. I just did a check to let her know and it turns out that it was over a year ago?!

But I was told they had six months to put things right?

Plus a child died a few months, maybe weeks, before I got here two streets away?

Plus another one is added to the list that does not turn up to these ... chair/support meetings for these children that are at risk! Not one or two but well over half a dozen meetings .. around 9 I think it is now that they have not turned up to out of 11.

Next month in January 2018 there is a court case linked to the domestic violence all these visits are for. No .. the autism I have previously referred to was discovered while all this was going on .. TWICE. First and in the face of everything else we get told about one. But then they test the other one and she is worse. They do seem to be trying to rush it but trying in my book is not good enough.

Not one, not two but three areas requiring help and support.

Then we discover that the mother has inherited my disability and many things that have confused both her and her Doctors for a very long time, like several years, are answered in an instant. Then they find three lumps in very different places and thus far .. two biopsies have needed to be taken.

Seven reasons support is needed!

There IS support. Me! Except I am being screwed over and only getting my rent paid currently and have the aforementioned disability which causes very high blood pressure and some issues I am currently being seen about. Issues that have made me think I might drop dead any day.

When you are also faced with the possibility that you do not want to think about, that I will end up being the sole carer of these four children who are getting zero support .. other than visits looking for reasons to damn the mother, in her words, it is .. fecking scary!

But this is just one in a long list of stories and ours is not even listed on the page below, though I have alluded to it but only in parts.

Try the stories on the Facebook Page .. Walking the Breadline ..

https://www.facebook.com/walkingthebreadline

No comments:

Post a Comment