Monday 14 April 2014

A DANGEROUSLY CLOSE CALL

Is exactly what happened tonight and I cannot be more literal in my use of words than I have been.
I visited Sainsbury's earlier just to get out the house and I visited PC World briefly beforehand. I like cooking Chili Con Carne though normally in the winter, and I will get to that statement later. I felt like cooking it the last two days and I retrieved some mince meat, kidney beans and a hit chilli con carne mix, Colman's I think? I also wanted a bottle of window cleaner.

I did some very overdue washing up and planned to finally clean my untidy house ... AGAIN! I decided to stop for awhile and play a bit of the game I have been engrossed in on and off, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. While I was playing I realised my fibrofog had struck yet again on something I have been doing for over a decade! An ingredient was missing from the above list! I already had shallots but I had forgotten a tin of chopped tomatoes. By now it was around 9.30 pm. After awhile I decided I had better go to the local shop for the missing ingredient.

I left my house in the dark and I decided to leave the walking stick behind. I am airways wary of going out at night with a stick as I would appear to be an easy target to undesirable people. Unfortunately I can lose the stick for short trips but not the limp. This is permanent and varies greatly.

I got the the main road at the end of my road and turned left and there were two black guys across the road walking the way I was going. I did not post them any attention and could not described them at all, even now. As I was walking I was in an area where there are no houses and there were no cars and was quiet. I could hear them taking but could not tell you what it was about. Well not until they suddenly crossed the road and were being me.

Suddenly I heard one of them say to his mate "hey, let's fuck this guy?!" to which his mate said "NO! I'm not gonna duck this guy!" and I thought 'What the hell are they on about? 'Let's such this guy'?!' To which I then thought 'OH! They are talking about me!!'

For the longest time I thought that eventually I would be seen as an easy target and assaulted but never thought it would happen here in Enfield?! I ignored them and did not look round and was readying myself and thinking that I did used to tell myself this day would come one day. I hoped that the friend's refusal to do as his mate suggested would mean that nothing would happen. But they were dangerously close to me and I started to concentrate on listening to their footsteps. Of they increased in frequency then they would be running up being me. But first of all it would suddenly go quiet before the footsteps increased in frequency and volume.

Then it suddenly went quiet! Now I could hear the footsteps clearly but remained the same in frequency, volume and distance. I carried on as if nothing was going to occur. Then the pitch changed and the steps they took around muffled and continued to drop in volume.

This was unexpected and I was confused as to why this was. Eventually I could not hear any footsteps at all so I looked round to check and the two of them were gone!

As it turns out there was one single road which was a dead end but had several buildings of flats within.
I thought maybe the guy who said he did not want to do what his mate suggested might have said that because he lived there and it was too close to home? There is an old saying and it applies to both love rats and criminals. It states 'Don't shit on your own doorstep!'

This is something that some idiots I was unfortunately acquainted with did. The idea behind it is that if you do then you will get caught and it will only be a matter of time!

Oddly I think many people, mostly men I admit, seen to think the statement is nothing?! Poor, naive fools! I have seen many people disregard that old saying over the years and then watched as their works collapses all around them! I cannot say, or think of any, that were not deserving of what they got coming. Even if there was more to the story than meet my eyes at the time.

I retrieved my tin chopped tomatoes and on the way back I thought they might lay in wait for me. I spotted two guys across the road but they were in lighter clothes and the first two were in black clothes. So I paid them no attention whatsoever. But by the time I reached the road the first two disappeared down I completely forgot and did not check up the road or behind some low walls in case anyone was there! In fact I only realised I did not check as I was typing this and I have had my fill of Chili Con Carne! Oddly I did not enjoy it as much as I had last time.

It also turned out that on cooking this Chilli I realised something to do with my condition?! I kid you not, it can come from the strangest of things!

I cook and I enjoy cooking. However I do not enjoy what naturally confess with the cooking! So I do not cook much, in fact tonight was the first time I had eaten a hot, cooked meal for ... well since that nurse told me my cholesterol was high! So you can do and look for that one but probably two maybe even three months.

Then as I was eating the Chilli I realised, more accurately 'remembered', why I only like cooking it in the winter?! In fact I only really cook in the winter, is what I realised. I sweat heavily!! I wanted to take my jeans off but the plate would have scorched my thighs! Lol.

I then realised that this is down to my condition of Fibromyalgia! What a numpty! As I stated in a previous post I attended my Doctor to request pills that show down sweating, but he lied and said they did not exist. Funny as according to every Doctor I have spoken to in Enfield medicine under the Enfield Primary Care Trust has gone back to Victorian times and most ailments don't have any medications to deal, cure or just control them?! Lol! Fuck knows what all those pills are they have down Lloyd's Chemist?! Lol!
Me eating a got meal, oddly I am well known for not drinking tea or coffee in the hot months and when I say I cannot handle it as it makes me sweat they look at me like I am mad! My grandmother used to ask the same thing and react the same way! Now my father passed away about ten years ago and my grandmother passed away a couple of years before he did, just as well as losing her son would have been impossible for her to take! Unfortunately her husband is too bloody self centred to have realised that, just thinking about how there was no one there to cook his meals! Lol.

In fact Is in my third year of my degree when my grandmother died. So it was 1999 and was in March if I remember correctly! Before my feet started to become an issue but my back had been playing up a fair while before that. So had my hips but my knees were years later. The shoulder was an issue though at this time and previous to this.

Amazing what can occur in just one evening?! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment