Sunday 6 April 2014

THE CONVERSATION WITH MP NICK DEBOIS

Now then this has proved to be a real headache for a whole list of reasons.

First of I have never done anything with video editing and in all honesty I am starting to wonder if I want to do this at all?!

Now first off the one thing I need to do as far as editing is concerned is on occasion I will need to blur out faces and probably logos, even that worn on a t-shirt, because Google is so bloody funny about this things when it comes to YouTube!

Secondly I looked for video editing software to do this and ended up downloaing several that DID NOT do this!!! Fecking annoying when that happens and extremely bad practise that there should be SEVERE penalties for!!

Thirdly and if the second one was not bad enough is that the most spoken of software was something called Light err something. Not Lightwave but something like that. I downloaded this and could not figure out how to do it after two hours so left it until today. Now this is where I am going to bloody lambast bloody idiots on the Internet who just have no bloody clue or grey matter!! I shall explain ...

1) I spent a good four hours figuring out how to do this and I then went through the ENTIRE VIDEO FRAME BY FRAME!!! 

2) I then exported the file which it seemed to do and a file popped up in the folder I directed it to and walked away to let it do it, only when I returned it was not there?! So I did it again and then did some surfing while it was doing this and yet again it was not there at the end?! I then noticed a mesage in the LightCrap software stating that the 'file could not be found'?!?!?! What the FECK?!?!

3) I then tried to find other ways to export it as a file of my choice, instead of the YouTube friendly file I asked it to the first two times, only when I finally found the fecking choices they were greyed out and stated I needed the PRO version and do you know what that means?! THEY WANT MONEY

Unlike some people I do not have an issue with software being paid for and think its quite normal to do so but some are into all this free software malarkey. However what I do object to is way over the top fees for the licenses and then when they rig the damn software you pay through the nose for to be incompatible with others they do not like!

I also think it should be law that when they state software is free that this should not be allowed and that they should clearly state if they disable functions within software and it is also bad business practise. Bd because once I have uninstalled it I will never go back and use anything by them and I am sure I am not the only one that reacts like that?

EDIT: Oh yes, sorry! Yes I was interrupted by a friend of mine arriving at my home and did not finish explaining but I had to pull the audio off the video and publish that! I still have the video of course but until I find a way of blurring out faces that actually works after I put several hours in it will have to remain as an audio file that is available for the time being.

Now for the recording of Nick DeBois MP ...

http://www.wuala.com/allnights/Evidence/Evidence%20MP3/Nick%20DeBois%20FINAL.mp3/

No comments:

Post a Comment