Thursday 3 April 2014

THE IMPORTANT BLOGGING NUMBERS

Well now sometimes some things can just turn up out of the blue when you least expect it?!

I have been in contact with someone very nice who has been very keen to speak to me about one blog. She does not realise that I have a dozen if them! She will very shortly!

This was to do with advertising and generating revenue and many visitors on here and many other bloggers have probably asked and wondered about the same question I have and I have asked it on here!

Now as some of you know I actually took a load of adverts off my blogs 6 months ago. I stated that I was feed up and felt like I had been manipulated to give away free advertising space! I told the person this and she understood and felt sorry this had happened. I said I intended to leave any advertising off the blogs for a year before considering returning to it.

I mean ... you would not ask a TV network if you can advertise and then pay them if and when it pays off? You would not do that with tabloids or magazines either! Not even local rags!

Now I do not know what the population is of Enfield but it is one of a great many boroughs in London, albeit barely and loosely as it dues not have a London postcode and used to be in Middlesex. The county is still used when addressing letters too!

The last I looked there were 7 million people in London and there would be a lot more than 7 boroughs! It might be 9 million currently, especially with the influxes that keep hitting the news?!

So safe to say that there is under a million in Enfield and very few of them read the local newspapers! Some do but most do not. Also the locals only get published once a week too so any advertising you pay for gets forgotten within a few days.

Now I asked this person one question after I had initially told her I do not trust the advertising people. The question was 'His many visitors would I need to be attracting both in total or over a month to genuinely know you will generate income?'

Here is an excerpt of the answer..

"(at least 10 minutes of reading per viewer) of  at least 2,000 views monthly is a good chance at pay offs for you"

She also praised what I have done and what I am doing, even if she is based in New York?! Lol!
Now that is the first time I have ever been given a figure to work with! She also thought that I promoted my blog and I do not, not really. I said it I leave it all down to word of mouth. Interested to see if she is shocked by that as well as what I informed her about I am about to place next?!

I am currently uniting into a spreadsheet the current numbers and it is running from the 24th March to the 24th April. Tonight I decided to just go over the numbers despite it being just over a week and it was a surprise. I am having trouble believing the number I now have in my head, lol, so thinking I got it wrong but it is over 1,500 and my memory is yelling me it was over 2,500?!

Admittedly this includes my YouTube videos!

Now I am thinking it was about 2,000 but my head worked out a predictive score after the month of possibly 10,000?

However!! I have only just started uploading videos and linking them into my blogs after a long pause! Added to this all that will continue to increase in frequency because I not only know of around a dozen upcoming things but added to this is the fact the warm weather is here and will increase further! This means that the rising numbers each week will themselves rise faster!

I told her that in four to six months I could be getting over 15,000 and even 20,000 each month!

I am interested to see what she makes of the fact that my numbers are far bigger than she thought I was getting?! Lol!

It also begs another question but first I want to comment on a remark she said. She mentioned about visitors reading for about 10 minutes or more and I forgot to ask her about that! I do not see what difference this make with adverts! At the end of the day if someone leaves a webpage they either click on a favourite or click on an advert! It makes no difference whatsoever how long they are on your website! Your talking about a click that is all. So I am wondering if this ten minute rule is some kind of crap they come yo with to make excuses about why you are not generating revenue?!

It also begs another question!

If I only need 2,000 visitors a month and I am currently not far away from getting that each week goes come my Google AdSense is not making a damn thing? 

Lmfao!

No comments:

Post a Comment