Thursday 1 March 2018

THE FIRST SIGN

Could it possibly be?

I was sent a link to an article in the Manchester Evening News and the headline said it all for me.
That in Salford they are going to build council houses for the first time in three decades.

Three decades?

So it really has been everywhere they have refused to build social housing?! I don't know why I was surprised.

Could it be that this might turn out to be the start of something? Could this start to occur in other areas? Maybe even London?! If only.

It's all good having plans but the inevitable fact to point out of that this has come too late and probably will be too little, for scores of people already. Because of those that have suffered and those that have died.

Also it seems to have been noted by the sender of the latest link that the new properties being built both Manchester and Liverpool, likely other places too, are too expensive to be for the poor and homeless. Forcing him to ask the question of where in the world they think they are getting the workers from?

Of course of the rich and powerful are anything like I think they are the answer is simple.

I think that they still think like that which they did in ancient Egypt. Rulers and their slaves.

The idea in modern times is that we have become civilised and the slaves become willing workers. We are led to believe that the attitudes of the rulers and slave drivers are modern. But they are not.
I was told by someone in a Job Centre that Iain Duncan-Smith sees the working class as a form of slaves. He treats them as slaves and doesn't like them very much. It was not long after this and my original rant about Universal Credit that he ended up resigning. I actually thought the man possessed some .. humanity. Until I was told that story and then it all changed.

When your told an unusual story the only clues your given is the look of the one telling the tale. You merely have the look on their face to judge whether they are confident in the story they are telling you and whether there is any doubts in the person that told the story to them. Sometimes there is just this look. A look of no doubts and that there is no mistake. That is the look I got that day and I was wide eyed with the message he was conveying.

So? Social housing?

Surely there is some mistake?

No comments:

Post a Comment