Monday 26 March 2018

THE HEALTH PROFESSIONAL'S DUTIES

Well there is yet another petition to do with the NHS.

It seems odd to me that everyone seems to want to get involved with saving it but not in dealing with its specific faults. Like who runs it and how it is run.

Many years ago now I realised that they were deliberately avoiding or ignoring certain health conditions and therefore .. patients. I became obvious this was the lesser known conditions and were ignored despite the level of pain or suffering involved.

Now what I assumed at the time is that they must be therefore concentrating on the conditions that are household names, or that everyone would have heard of. Things like Multiple Sclerosis and Diabetes along with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's so to speak.

I naturally assumed that anyone with a terminal illness whether this be cancer or something else received the best treatment and understandably so. However before long I had a friend who developed kidney cancer and things were something of an .. eye opener for me.

Old Ken, as he was known, had no one. No help, no support and what little aid he had was outright appalling. No hospital, no visiting Doctors that I saw in my many visits, no charities despite how many there are and not even MacMillan. I was utterly stunned!

Fast forward and as of right now I know a young mother and she has been failed by them all and is now currently being ignored by them all!

The situations she become involved in were the faults of ..


  • Central Government
  • Local Government
  • The NHS

Who is now ignoring her are ..

  • The NHS
  • Local Government
  • The DWP (though this one may be about to change)

What she has to deal with is ..

  • Domestic Violence
  • Severe Autism in at least one child
  • Four children
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Cervical Cancer (not seen because of minimum legal age for smear tests!)
  • Only half the rent being paid so homelessness
  • Terrible health after latest biopsy and given same antibiotic TWICE?!
I could go on for page after page about how many public services are involved and who is involved, like Ofsted and an Independent Review, or Reviewing, Officer.

I could go on about how many times they have acknowledged the terrible mistakes, the number of times demands were made and fingers were pointed. That would be close to two dozen.

I can simply some up in one word how much help and support she has had ..

NONE!

Soo .. they want to help the NHS yet again and there has been this 6% plus pay rise? sounds to me like things will either stay exactly the same or get worse.

If you believe in just saving careers then by all means sign the petition. If, like me, you believe in the health service doing that which it is both tasked to do and paid to do then I suggest including a comment, which I think it does offer, with your signature and state what they should be doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment