Friday 16 March 2018

THE BIRDS & THE PAIN

Well that is .. annoying.

I have now been out two days on the trot for the second time and for the second time in as little as  week, or maybe two, I am in agony and unable to go out .. even with all my pills.

This time it was the same thing once again .. trying to do work I was unable to do for around 90% of last summer. Trying to play catch up, you see, with what I missed out with last year. Wildlife photography and bokeh (Japanese for blur) photography with the camera I spent a hell of a lot of money on.

I had not done anything in the line of bokeh all of last year. Well a couple of photos of Rapeseed flowers but that was using an f2.8 lens. I had since bought, again refurbished but not realising it at the time, a Sigma f1.4 85mm lens I had not really taken any photos with. That has now changed. Though I will feel a lot happier once I have well above a couple of hundred half decent photos that are online.

My feet hurt, my hips hurt, my back hurts and my shoulders hurt and last night I literally fell asleep while trying to work on the photos. I never got to develop even a single RAW file photo before I was unconscious and woke at around 4am with my computer still on! I had managed to upload a few videos.

Of course I left the f2.8 70-200mm lens and Teleconverter behind due to their immense weight, probably 3 to 4 kilos worth. This is because I went out looking for early appearing flowers to photograph as it was also going to be sunny. I see Daffodils, Crocuses and a few others but, thank you again you useless weather people, no sun. What else could go wrong? Well I could see a rare bird I have never taken photographs or videos of before and maybe regret not taking the f2.8 70-200mm?

Guess what? I saw some birds I had never previous taken videos or photos of before?! Bloody nice ones too! Red Crested Pochards!

Good God I need a car!

Dealing with the pain is .. damned hard and I do not know how long it will be before I am able to leave the house again. I hope it is not like last time, where it was three days and I was still in pain?!





Yeah .. those last ones were in 1080p and I got them because I took my Nikon P900 cameras as well as my Sony A99II thinking that the light P900 only weighs a fraction of that of the f2.8 70-200mm G Series Sony lens .. so I did get 4K video too .. eventually ..








Maybe I will get the RAW photos done today but here are a few of the bokeh shots I have waited to do for a long time ..

Also trying to get an early feel for it, as it is still March and these are the first flowers. Trying to get a feel for what works and what does not ..











No comments:

Post a Comment