Wednesday 21 February 2018

THE REVERSE SEE-SAW

Hmm interesting report by the BBC about the numbers of people getting into work and those unemployed.

It would appear the number of unemployed rose for the first time in two years, a number I think had been fabricated for a few years now.

While at the same time the number of people getting into work rose .. too .. wait, what?!

Hold up there a minute? How does that work?!

I'm not really an expert in this field but I have foreseen many problems with it. I've also predicted that it would get .. hacked, for want of a better word, by the government.

So here I am reading a very, very short report, bad journalism yet again, stating that the number of people without a job has gone up while those with a job has .. also .. gone up?

Jesus. Last night in trying to explain to someone that the chicken shortage at KFC is not some government test on the public to test what food shortages will do. This morning I see this?!

A test for food shortages? Yeah, I don't think so. It was possible that this chicken shortage was due to that scientists have been talking about for several years? That meat would start to disappear due to overpopulation and lack of the amount of land needed. But even if this occurred and solutions not found I didn't expect it for another ten years at least. Though five years is possible. Besides this .. well you don't need a test to see the reaction in food shortages as it's happened many, many times all over the world and the end result is the exact same. Panic that induced panic buying. According to an actual linked report that was sent to me it was a supplier screw up anyway.

So after realising my predicted time frame on disappearing meat is intact, unless it's more bad journalism, I'm wondering if I've seen the first published proof that the unemployed figures are bogus?

The fact is when you have screwed with the Welfare State as much as they have you kind of start asking yourself if it affects the numbers they live to publish, intended or otherwise?

Hmm I did just think of one possibility ..

You people leaving schools and further education with half getting jobs and half not could result in small rises for both numbers? I think this would be under certain conditions and the jobs market would have to be pretty stable without much in the way of big changes on either side.

But I have also read now that Maplin is in trouble? To be honest I'm surprised that one didn't happen ten years ago or more. Their prices went very, very high from very, very low. Be a shame because despite not using Maplin that much I do from time to time. In fact I was in one two days ago. A particularly shitty one of in honest. The BBC news report mentioned something about a report, they begrudgingly admit was Sky News' report, of a potential buyer for the store. Let's hope it's someone that returns the store to its former glory and not using the screw the public.

Maplin was the only supplier of electrical goods that I never had nor heard any evidence of were selling refurbished goods as new.

But then maybe that's why they suddenly appeared to be expensive years back?!


I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it: UK unemployment rises for first time in two years - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43140646

No comments:

Post a Comment