Saturday 22 October 2016

THE PUDDING

For a number of years I have seen stories that mirror mine, are mine or just oddly similar in some ways appear in the news media after I have posted the details. Very often this is many months after I have posted them. Sometimes it is a few weeks and likely there have been times when it has been several days?

Today is ... different.

A statement I made to two separate disabled groups on Facebook, DPAC & Fibromyalgia, which got me into trouble with one and ... nearly got me into trouble with another has quite literally just been posted in a round about way in DPAC by Gail Ward, her blog https://blueannoyed.wordpress.com/, and it is a story that has been reported in The Telegraph no less.

I quickly read through the story when a line about the DWP stood out a mile to me and in Theresa May's own words, as I understood it, were "benefits need to work better, firms should do more and services from different government departments need to be joined up". Services from different government departments, or in other words UC, ESA and PIP, need to be joined up?!

This is exactly what I tried to warn people about but got into a whole heap of hot water for.

I must admit I am stunned by this news story. I never dreamt I would be proved right and vindicated for at least 12 months. At LEAST.

I suppose when I think about it and I have said before that this blog is watched by a bunch of hawks for information that me posting that story and data may have led to the story breaking so soon after I posted it. Well ... after all I did state that if they were ... concealing this intended change they would only prove that they are guilty of not being compassionate towards human lives and only interested in the money savings? That was what I said.

Hmm ... I wonder if someone I know is still in their job next week? I hope so!

"A sixth giant - disability and ill health - must be tackled "- Theresa May http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/21/heres-how-damian-green-should-take-on-disability-benefits/ 

..benefits need to work better, firms should do more and services from different government departments need to be joined up - The Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/21/heres-how-damian-green-should-take-on-disability-benefits/

No comments:

Post a Comment