Tuesday 18 April 2017

A TURKEY IN TWO HALVES

It's funny. I have been expecting European countries to follow Britain and be split down the middle.

I didn't expect the next country to be split down the middle to be Turkey.

Also I expected Presdient Erdogan, I don't like him at all, to lose quite badly in that referendum!

When I think of the extra powers he had given himself I find it hard to believe anyone in Turkey would be stupid enough to allow him to siren grant himself more powers than he already has.

Considering the previous troubles he has caused and that's not including the coup attempt this will not end well.

I predict that he will cause several shocking situations over the next couple of years and then there will be trouble.

Hell, it may even turn out he rigged the elections and the trouble could come in a matter of weeks?!
Come to think of it I never looked closely at the Austrian election to see if that was a close split too.
I need to check to see what's ahead for the next twelve months. My brain keeps telling me there are two elections coming up? I know France is coming next month, May is it?

Oh no I think I'm getting confused, there was a Dutch election I think? Good God I need to give the time to look at these things in more detail.

I would not want to be living in Turkey over the next couple of years, that's for sure.

I am sure President Erdogan is modelling himself on Putin, or just copying him or doing what he thinks Putin would do?

Your not Putin though, Mr Erdogan and it's not Russia.

It is almost like President Erdogan is trying to turn Turkey into a dictatorship? Little by little.

I hope by Christmas the title of this post does not end up being true?

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it: Turkey referendum: Erdogan hails 'clear' win in vote on new powers - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39612562

No comments:

Post a Comment