Wednesday 1 November 2017

TOO MANY SHEEP

I'm having an odd 24 hours.

First up a second test for my Autistic grandchild once again went off the scale. This was a shame but from what I've been seeing not a complete surprise.

I was told that someone asked, I thought the council or school, if it could be down to the domestic abuse that recently took place. It was a resounding, no.

Oddly .. this question came from Victim Support and not from the school or local council, trying to not provide help and support, which was a surprise. Not a complete surprise as I have had dealings with Victim Support before and they were far too closely linked to the local council, both promised to relocate me and .. well .. nothing came of it.

It was a speech and language test and even the simplest questions with 'yes' or 'no' answers were only ever answered with 'what?', 'what?', 'what?' repeatedly.

The same test for my youngest granddaughter didn't take place because they were 'understaffed'. I can't recall if this was the same day that the children came home with permanent marker ink all over their school jumpers? Ruined, if you hadn't guessed.

So far since being here which is just a few weeks I've seen old mobile phones be bought home, candles that are dangerous (one nearly set the living room aflame) actually being made by children and now they let them play with permanent marker pens which ruined their jumpers.

God only knows what's going to occur over the next six months to a year.

I've also had my first ever Halloween party and even did pumpkin carving. Unfortunately most didn't go to plan, one adult threw a mood bringing part of the evening down who then set off a couple of hundred quid in fireworks. Upsetting one child. Oh and my .. um .. 'ex' was present. Nnyyeeah!

As a result of last minute shopping I still didn't get to do two last things I need to do. Bummer!

I've also still been helping out and present at the home more than I'd like to because it's .. exhausting. Hopefully that will change.

I did pick up, finally, a pump for my inflatable bed while picking up the fireworks!

So sleeping and pill taking has been bloody hard and still getting missed. Though I'm trying very hard to consciously think about this.

The trouble is that my memory screwed me throughout the day even when I lived on my own. Being around people brings with it distractions so it gets worse. Add four to six children to that with one being over active, another with serious Autism and another suspected of suffering with it (fingers crossed she isn't and it's mimicking).

Now I spot this BBC report regarding a study into lack of sleep, something I am sure  great many people are experiencing these days?

Someone called 'Trust Me I'm a Doctor' worked on a survey with University of Oxford regarding the effects on people deprived of sleep. In the only one out of four that stated they could detect no ill-effects it turned out that even they did indeed have them.

Just to be clear they let the .. guinea pigs .. or volunteers sleep for eight hours over three nights and then reduced this to four hours over three nights. Just three nights.

A professor at the university believes that the lack of sleep leads to repetitive negative thinking? Well I can vouch for that!

It also appears that the same organisation 'Trust Me I'm A Doctor' did a survey a few years back with Surrey University too?

Well .. that goes against what the government has done through the DWP when it comes to people unfortunate enough to suffer from Fibromyalgia and very likely other sleep deprivation ailments.

In Fibromyalgia, likely Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome to name but two others, the problem is in fact a sleep deprivation one.

Since I have been in my new location in a far away land it has been difficult and I have been certain that part of the problem is worse sleep than normal?

In case you was unaware, as Fibromyalgia is not a widely known ailment and that is what the government/NHS/DWP love, it is a sleep deprivation condition. And then some.

What you go without is the deepest form of sleep known as restorative sleep. In fact what we have is referred to as 'non-restorative sleep'.

The one and only drug known to correct this is also not available in the UK, or the whole of Europe for that matter, called Sodium Oxybate. Bizarrely it is available for sufferers of narcolepsy. It is also available in America for Fibromyalgia.

Forgetting every other of the dozens of symptoms people normally get from Fibromyalgia, from a possible 200 odd, how i the world is anyone supposed to hold down a job, let along a full time one! It is frustrating and that is an understatement.

This is bad even when you go to sleep and as you do not get this restorative sleep anyway after the nights where you sleep very little or not at all things are .. unbearable!

There was once a tie when going without sleep for a single night would just have me groggy in the morning until I had eaten breakfast and I would feel normal after awhile. That was a very long time ago.

There was a point when going without sleep became common and feeling like you were dying and dead tired along with being slow and that confused me. People used to joke it was because I was getting older, except one of these used to go without sleep with me at an older age than I was at when I was having trouble and he was just as I was. OK after breakfast.

Of course after being let down fir years and then lied to for several years and then discovering Fibromyalgia myself and reading a whole book about it absolutely everything made sense.

Not to mention that forcing people to drive to work with this condition on mornings were they might be really bad or slow without realising just how bad is also .. fucking dangerous. Just so they do not have to provide them with any support and force them into work to get more taxes paid and their figures down?

I cannot help but wonder how many accidents have taken place whereby this was the main cause and no one to this day realises it?

There are just too many sheep to count.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it: Just a few nights of bad sleep upsets your brain - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41816398

No comments:

Post a Comment