Tuesday 13 May 2014

THE GUY'S AND MEMORY LANE

Well I did not have much with me when I attended Guy's Hospital yesterday, unfortunately.

I felt pretty sure that Doctors of the calibre I was seeing in the hospital I was attending would not entertain any ... squeezing my senior NHS middle management and was not worried and it worked out exactly how I thought word for word, well all except for my right knee being not only an issue but a separate one?!

Hmm now that reminds me to get my knee book out and look up conditions that have three words to them as I am sure he uttered three words when he told me what it was. He most certainly did NOT say 'Torn Meniscus'!

Now I did take my Nikon compact camera but annoyingly when I retrieved it from the backpack and switched it on it immediately said battery exhausted and I immediately said 'DOUGHNUT!! Lol!

It is a pain trying to remember everything and I thought I had forgotten me unbrella and then today thought I had lost it and it turned out to be in my backpack despite searching it around eight times?!?! Go figure!

Anyhoo! I did have my Moto G Smartphone on me and I was aware that the camera is not the greatest. In fact I really do not know of a smartphone with a very good camera on it. I was trying to keep the weight down but need not have bothered! So I left my Sony Camera I use for better quality photos at home! Now I wonder if you can tell at which point in the photos I provided below that I wanted to take a run up and leap over the wall into my old friend the River Thames while repeatedly facepalming myself repeating 'doughnut...doughnut...doughnut' as I floated through the air on my way to the water?!

Ooh boy, I can tell you I was getting back to London Bridge when I looked down this narrow side path and then BAM!! I was all 'oooh you numpty! What I would not do to have my Sony camera or better still a good decent SLR right now?!'

Now I love London, always have but this was the first time I had seen many of these places for bloody years, over ten that is for sure! I used to spend most of my time in the city as a kid and a youg guy but these days it is far too busy and its far too crowded and the traffic is abysmal and London Transport far, far worse! Luckily it went OK on the day and it was really, REALLY nice to be back thre in the city once again! I used to dream about having a small flat or appartment in the city somewhere were I could go for weekends now and then and go out and about. Used to dream about living there entirely but I would not do that now. Many things have changed and unfortunately the city has been run, not to mention run down, by many idiots that still like to lord it up like they are some kind of messiah.
It was good to see here again even if only briefly but I have been thinking that Sundays the city is not so bad, but the buses are, and it was far easier than I thought getting there. Coming back was only an issue at Turnpike Lane and there was a huge rush for the bus that took me home to Enfield. YOINKS! Yes days when I know there is no rush hour would be more ... encouraging and I just realised that of course Saturdays are dead too! Except for the mad shoppers in Oxford Street and Regent Street of course!
There were far more tourists than I remember it it was funny as I saw a great deal of foreign women takinkg turns to take pictures of each other on Tower Bridge and other places, like the Tower of London. Each time I passed by I could not help thinking that in a few weeks time those pictures will adorn a fake profile and that the person that set up the profile was actually living on the other side of the world but pretending to be a woman that lived in London because of Tower Bridge being in the picture?!! Oh I have seen them trust me and its obvious what is going on! LMAO! That's not to say that all these photos will end up this way but its a good way, or at least someone thinks it is, to make it look like someones living in London when they are not! Lol!

Here are a few shots while I was killing time, and eventually my feet!!!



















 FACEPALM! FACEPALM! FACEPALM!
LOL!





No comments:

Post a Comment