Monday 12 May 2014

AN EXAMPLE OF A MEANINGFUL QUESTION

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post was a question I was asked.

I stated that this was the first time I had ever spoken to someone that knew what he was doing. In the medical profession that is. I also stated that the meeting went well.

This comes across with the way they speak and also the questions they ask. I am always on the lookout for the odd key questions that are either asked or sometimes not asked.

Someone late while figuring my way around a desolate post nuclear war wasteland I didn't remembered a question I was asked. Indeed I can tell you that this one question, as simple, straightforward and innocent it may be, tells you a great deal when your not asked it.

Now before I type in the question you have to think when you read it exactly why you are asked it. Or rather why they asked me it. It has never been out to me before and yet as sunnier a question it is it is one question that I am sure that everyone with a disability should be asked.

The question being ...

"Do you live with anyone?"

You see? I told you it was simple and O one immediately why I was asked it and was immediately surprised and impressed. In fact I cannot remember if it was immediately after this or several minutes after but he did say I had done rather well dealing with this on my own.

Bizarrely had we spoken longer he may have had it explained that knowing what this is like when I see how it affects other people is exactly why I have been single so long!!

When I say 'affects other people' I mean that literally as, as my condition acquired more symptoms people just did not want to hear it or believe it. So any new symptoms were not explained, unless it was something more an irritation and not obviously connected to the pains.

Odd how it turns out that they are so in fact connected!

Though there is still a little to do and several more posts over the next 14 days it is a bloody relief that this drawn out chapter has finally reached it's ends in a manner of speaking.

Of course the issue of the symptoms still persist but I have two options available to me, thigh technically three.

1 I can start the Pregabalin along with Amitriptyline, maybe upping the latter by 10mg?

2 If the Pregabalin fails or make me ill like Gabapentin I can research getting hold of Sodium oxybate? Or if possible producing it?!

3 Failing the first two whatever the reasons there is still the Cannabis route but I am not reply fond of the idea of stating something that may make me take up smoking again.

Number three has popped into my head a few times but it usually gets jettisoned! Maybe after another year of not smoking and if by that time I have exhausted the avenues to the other two I might consider it again.
I will no doubt recall further snippets from my appointment today to key things that were said. If and when I do I will post a little more about it.

Now that this episode is over I can now relax for a while and then look into researching Fibromyalgia and see where things are at? To do this I need to precisely locate the world's leading Doctors researching the condition and keep tabs on them.

In the meantime I have had another ... little mission goal simmering away for a few weeks. That will take another three weeks to accomplish. Oddly there will only be a week or two between both that achievement and the Fibromyalgia at an end.

Oh yeah I forgot about the knee issue! Well let is see what my GP days about that once my GP has had the letter from Guy's Hospital?

I am sure he use three scientific/Latin words to it but I just did not catch what he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment