Saturday 22 February 2014

HAVE A BREAK, HAVE A KITKAT

EDIT: I just noticed that yet again a number of posts have not bloody POSTED and added to this my keywords have all gone missing too!! Google at its most incompetent best or a didgy tablet PC?! NO DIFFERENCES OCCURED AS THE THE PROBLEMS I HAVE LISTED.

Well this is strange.

I have contacted everyone there is to contact over these Tegra Note Tablet PCs. Still waiting for some replies as in all honesty I will have to change it for another tablet which I wish I did not have to do.

Oddly I managed to pick the second one up from PC World today and they did have to fix it stating DC replaced on paperwork. Told the chap I have now had four of them and a 100% failure rate. He asked me if the others were the same and I told him that three are but that mine seems to have memory issues.
After I received the device I placed it back in the box and went and had a look at what other tablets were on offer. I told him that I cannot keep having these things happen. He shook his head and agreed with me. He asked if I had the other two and I told him I only had mine but that I need to get all my files of it before I hand it in so will have to come back.

Looking at what they had to offer though I'd the same bloody story, due to the greedy reasoning behind not putting an SD Card slot in the devices the choices were limited!

There were some nice Toshiba tablets though with one at 8 inch and another at 10 inch and at least one was a Tegra 4. They seem to have a nice aluminium casing but have since read that it is plastic, though hoping this is wrong!

I also looked at some Windows tablets but I just cannot bring myself to consider one. Though if it turns out that I can get the usual windows programs to run on it and not restricted to what they want you to use on it I may consider one.

However I did see something, well two things that were ideal but bigger and far too expensive for what you get. Both were laptops but one was made by Sony and has this clever feature where the screen flips over and it becomes a tablet?!

However where this was different to ones I refused to consider is this was brilliantly don't and very stylish!! Looked like a brushed aluminium Ultrabook and when the screen flipped over to laptop mode the rear side of the bottom of the screen suddenly pulled away from me and attached itself to the hinge?! It was magnetised and half of the back of the screen was in fact the hinge?!

It was very clever and was very, very cool. But it was also a cool £999.99 too as was the HP Spectre. The former screen diameter was 14 inch white the directs was 13.3 inch. So a wee bit bigger than my 7 inch tablet!! Won't be during in my new KATA bag!

Therein lies another problem! I IFT this Kata Sling Bag because this tablet pc simply would not fit in my Lowepro sling! I thought how bloody typical it would be that whatever I get does not fit?!

Still the Toshibas were 8 inch and that will probably be OK but the other is 10 inch and that will be a step to far!

The thing is the primary use of the tablet is to be able to type out documents and posts when I am in places where there will not be a power socket in sight. There would likely be times I would use it for photos and video but rarely as I will use the Sony Cybershot Bridge camera for that, unless I am out of power? But then I have a new backup up battery pack that can store enough to charge everything I carry with me! To give you an idea my current crappy phone is 1850 mah and the back up battery pack is 12,000mah!!

I also have a foldable solar panel pack though Amazon sent me an email to say that it had been left with a neighbour! Only the number they gave me had no one living their under that name and no bloody parcel!!
Oops, so in theory I have a foldable solar panel?! Which should also reduce me electricity bill further still?!
Then there is the fact my phone very seriously needs replacing?! The Moto G is the obvious choice and great value but the price keeps jumping all over the place?! Also it has no SD Card slot!! Again!! Moto X to expensive at over double the price but dies cone in 32 GB but not waterproof like the Moto G!
Arrrgg!!!! I'm sure they all do this to drive you body insane?!

Would you could get away with is possibly a Moto G 16GB and Nexus 7 32GB and a portable wireless hard drive?! Provided you could get a couple days juice out of all three at least then you have something.
But then your buying, charging and having to carry a third device because the greedy board members think themselves clever by holding out on an sd card skit thinking you WILL NEED, OR BE FORCED, to upgrade your phone.

Of course us lower life forms are far too stupid to see what they are up to and then hold off as long as we can before being forced to, say like by using a phone that has been faulty fur two years and a smashed screen fur the past couple months because he wants to give the greedy fecks as little as he can and make them wait as long as he can?!

Lmao!

Anyway, I digress.

I got home, tried to find number 51 only to find there is no Sarah and no parcel for me, I was also in pain from the past couple of days so thought I would have a lie down and rest my legs and feet? Really was rough being it and about today and just showed that I did very little for two days helping someone very close to my home and I am fecked!!

Then while laying on the bed I saw a message flash up with the capital letters OTA and realised it looked like an update?!

I checked and sure enough the fourth update is ready for this device and it is at long last... KITKAT 4.4.2!!
It has been downloading the whole time I have been writing this while I wait for someone to knock at my door with my parcel and it is now 97% done!

So I will sign off and pray the niggles with this thing are finally gone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment