Tuesday 26 November 2013

THE NATION OF THE WHITE DEATH

Well it had to happen did it not?

I have to day that even I have been shocked and disgusted at the numbers of deaths stated in this report! I am also surprised that it has taken the best part of the year to emerge too.

Thirty thousand sounds truly incredible and even I could not foresee anything remotely like these numbers. I would have hesitated to estimate even in the few thousands. A few hundred would have been more likely. Would be both interesting and informative and not forgetting just to know how many had pre payment meters installed?

Also to keep in mind is the fact that they have continually reported that a severe winter had been predicted for this year! Although it had failed to arrive when they said it would if it does arrive prior to Christmas it is very likely to last longer than last years freeze.

So they have declared last years deaths as 'shameful' but is likely going to be beaten again and hopefully not as much as the highly likely one third again more so than last Winters deaths?!

Winter deaths rose by almost a third in 2012-13 - http://pulse.me/s/E3Ksh

No comments:

Post a Comment