Friday 9 August 2013

EMAIL TO NIKON UK

EMAIL....

Dear Sirs

I now have not only what I believe to be a very serious issue but one the entire country will now focus on in the coming weeks and months leading up to Christmas!

I have purchased one of your cameras and again from Argos.

The model itself is one I wanted originally but though I only got this today I now realise I have ended up with yet ANOTHER refurbished product and that now makes three in a row from Argos.

This one today was as an exchange for an Olympus SP-820UZ I now realise was faulty from day on!

The camera I received today after some heated arguing is your model Nikon Coolpix P520. When I un-boxed it I noticed that there were marks on the lens. I also then noticed a VERY offending 'VOID' sticker over the edge of the box (see below) and I have tested the camera and despite it taking fantastic shots and movies it has faults too!!!

I had a previous conversation with an engineer at Nikon UK who assured me that Nikon boxes have no seals or stickers on them regardless of the price!

Argos only claimed to be responsible for ONE of the stickers!

You did not react as concerned about this as you should have been, which leads me to believe that you are not only aware of this practice but condone it via an authorised dealer?!

I did not make the mistakes as last time and used another device to film myself un-boxing the Nikon and discovering the marks on the lens. I have now published all my findings on my YouTube account and my websites.

I want to know what is going on as whatever it is, is highly illegal and once I have accumulated all my findings and all the emails I am going to post off to the media about it.

I quite literally BEGGED to have this sorted out.

I quite literally BEGGED NOT to be sold another refurbished item!

I told everyone that I use it for online work and no one stopped to think of any faults appearing online to a very wide public, well 45,000 currently.

I told them I suffer from disabilities and that the warmer months are vital to me having a suitable camera for my needs!!!

I fully intended to acquire a Nikon D800E and one macro and one telephoto lens with a 2x converter later in the year when my advertising and Google Adsense from being Affiliated with a number of organisations works out.

Now I ask myself if the United Kingdom actually has a fully working brand new camera ANYWHERE in any store and if I EVER get to but the D800E will THAT be refurbished too?!

As for the marks I noticed on the lens, well as well as filming I simply BREATHED on the lens to highlight the marks and took photos of them and published them online.

If both YOU and Argos along with Shop Direct are going to cheat the British Public you could at LEAST attempt to do this competently?!?!

It has been far too easy to spot and work out and .... well selling ME of all people THREE in a row while I fork out EVER MORE MONEY each time and with the online presence I have was tantamount to corporate suicide!

I have had NO offers of recompense of the things I have bought for each camera that are now useless either.

Just a series of apologies for six months of my time and thousands of photo opportunities missed!

I had better be given an explanation and I warn you now it had better be good?!?!

I can send you several photos that highlight the problem with the LATEST piece of shoddy electronics to come my way of late and these three are now part of a longer list I have been cataloging so that I may later publish a full breakdown of what has been going on.

Yours

Martin Haswell BSc

No comments:

Post a Comment