Friday 19 July 2013

MORE DOCTORS DOLITTLE

Well after speaking to the latest Doctor while recording it anyone who downloaded and listened to the recording might have noticed how I mentioned that my Metatarsalgia had become a real problem?

This was so much so that I was planning to get a referral about it and planning to use the upcoming odd appointment I made that no one is aware of, yes I kid you not, to ask about it. Well everything else has been more or less sorted, even IF they have wriggled out of a confirmed diagnosis on every occasion!

Now it just so happens that for a couple of days I had thought of changing my insoles. I always have insoles and am often trying new ones in an attempt to lessen the pains in my feet. There is one I have bought several times from Sport Direct that are OK for a few months. I had been using a new pair that I bought from Lidls and they were surprisingly OK. But I also had a gel pair and thought about changing them when the Metatarsalgia started to come to the fore?

Now when I did mention this in my very last appointment the GP I saw suggested that as the Gabapentin were working that this now forced my Metatarsalgia to become more prominent as it was the only thing I was feeling in my foot now. As I am not up to the full dose of the Gabapentin yet and that is what I was there for, I could have argued that I am still feeling things in my feet OTHER than the Metatarsalgia?

Now in all honesty I was surprised that she said it and Doctors and GPs everywhere just assume that everyone is a CRY-BABY and WHINGER based on that remark and I honestly feel that has been the attitude of every Doctor going back 20 years or more!!

Terrible and DISGUSTING!

Now back to the insoles! Yes so I had another pair of gel like insoles, bought from Sports Direct but not the usual full memory sole ones I have had three pairs of, and thought it may help to switch them over. Well a couple of days ago I did and some if you might well be wondering where this is going or thinking ooh boy not worthy of a mention, but WAIT LOL.

When I took of the old ones I was looking at them while wondering if there was anything abut them that could be causing the pain when I noticed something! Right there in the very area where I have been experiencing pain in the ball of my left foot was a small mark?! I looked at it closely and it seemed to resemble an indentation of some sort and measured about 3mm to 5mm across. I then assumed that there had been a stone lodged in there somewhere but this was on the topside which was in contact with my feet?! I inspected the other side of the insole and there was nothing there and no weakness in the insole, nor impressions of any kind. I pushed the depression with my fingers and something had definitely been applying a lot of pressure to the area as it was not only weak but the spot had been rubbed to the point where the colour had faded. On the other insole, in case anyone was wondering, there was nothing!

I am at a loss to explain it but will say that I had been massaging the area and thought that I had done something wrong to make it worse?! Also I have always felt that the spot when I am massaging it felt like it had a loose lump inside it. But as my feet had been X-Rayed because of Plantar fasciitis by both an Orthopaedic Surgeon and a Podiatrist at Barnet Hospital, whose boss I recorded for an hour immediately before the appointment, and said the X-Rays were OK I had assumed that this was my imagination.

However now that I realised they have lied t me about the Neurology, the Electromyograph and NCS tests, Nerve Conduction Studies as well as the Ultrasound...well it is OPEN SEASON NOW!

Considering the fact that I asked these so called someone later why they had x-rayed my feet as bone spurs are nothing to do with Plantar fasciitis and the reply was 'yes they are' and I came back with 'NO THEY ARE NOT' and this went back and forth a few times until they decided to ask why I said they were not, at last the penny drops. I said because there has never EVER been found any correlation or links between BONE SPURS and Plantar fasciitis. You can have the spurs and have no pain whatsoever and you can have the pain and yet have no spurs whatsoever, ergo the spurs do NOT cause the pain!

ANYWAY, so here are a few pictures, lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment